Monday, September 22, 2008

Vampires & Glorious Hairplugs

I bet I look like some sort of a Jeremy Piven sex-freak now that my first two posts are peculiarly BOTH about Jeremy. Did I say sex-freak? I meant freak. Just regular, run of the mill, freak. There’s no way I would ever want to hold his beautiful, manly face in my hands, or run my fingers through his beautiful, perfect hair-plug. I’m just NOT that kind of GIRL.

Honestly though, I’m pretty sure Jeremy Piven’s gotta be gay in real life. Does anyone ever know who he’s dating?

ANYWAY, the only reason I’m writing about Jeremy is because last night was the Sunday night HBO lineup, which currently only consists of True Blood followed by Entourage. Simple enough for now, but starting next week, Showtime will start pitting their own lineup against HBO’s, with Dexter and Californication. Serial Killers and Sex Addictions, or Serial Killer, Sex Addicted Vampires and Ari Gold? How’s a girl to choose! Life’s about to get a whole lot more complicated for a serial killing, sexualized, vampire, movie star, TV addict like myself. ::sigh::

Anyway, if you weren’t into watching the 60th Annual Emmy Award Show last night, HBO was a fantastic choice. Even though I already read the first in the Sookie Stackhouse series of books, which is the map for the whole first season of True Blood, it’s still much prettier and much more amusing to see played on TV.

I really got into Alan Ball’s Six Feet Under for a while when it first came out on DVD, and if you’re looking for some of his same dark humor, without all the depressing funeral homes, than True Blood is totally up your alley. The vampires have “come out of the coffin” and are looking to be accepted in society just like the rest of us. Some are a little more interested in mainstreaming, while some are a little more interested in eating humans.

Anna Paquin plays the main character a little too innocently, and a little too over the top, but the script more or less calls for that from her character, as she’s the show’s only virgin. I’m not gonna lie, it’s not a show to watch with your parents or your kids, as every other scene has some naked Vampire violently fucking some “fang-banger,” but regardless, it’s a pretty ENTHRALLING show.

Though, I look forward to True Blood every week now, Entourage was the true star last night, with Jeremy Piven in the forefront. Without going into too much detail, Vince hardly does anything in this episode (as usual), Drama is depressed and cynical the entire time, while Ari is the true star of Episode 503.

His old nemesis Adam Davies and him decide to enter into a completely random war with each other, that grows more and more ridiculous as the show goes on. The confrontation in the end provides one of the best “Ari moments” I’ve seen from the show in a while.

In other words, WATCH THE SHOW, BITCHES!

Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up with the reviews on here, now that the TV season is picking up again. Don’t forget to watch the Season 3 premiere of Heroes tonight!

Meanwhile, I WILL NOT be thinking about Jeremy Piven, and his glorious hairplugs.

No comments: